Friday, October 2, 2009

Big Top Invitations



Here are the invitations I made for my son's circus/carnival themed birthday party. I really wanted to use red and white striped paper for the tent, but I couldn't find it anywhere. I think I like the mulit-colored striped paper better after all. For the clown, I used the Paper Dolls Cricut cartridge. I love that cartridge because it's so versatile. The peanut on the inside of the card was made from a bikini top on the Cricut. I just cut off the straps to the bikini, drew some lines, and sponged it with brown ink. You probably can't tell from the photo, but the balloons are shiny. I made them shiny by adding crystal effects. I made 30 invitations and it took me 3 weeks. I am so glad to finally get to work on something else!












3 comments:

Jaspere said...

Now those are some cool invitations.

Sara said...

Oh my goodness, these are soooo cute!

Beth Varan said...

Even though you are slightly crazy for spending so much time on these - they are awesome. I love the bikini top turned into a peanuts.