Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Tuxedo and Dress Wedding Card


I had a horrible time coming up with a wedding card that I liked. All my stamps or cutting files were old-fashioned----intricate wedding cakes, bouquets, wedding rings, bells, doves, etc. I wanted something more contemporary. I found the perfect solution on a blog by Lori Stamps. Lori even has provided a template that you can download and use! Thank you, Lori, for sharing your template and design with us. To see Lori's card and to get the free template, go here:


For the tuxedo, I used some subtle striped black scrapbooking paper I found at Archiver's. I was tempted to buy some really fancy, glittery paper for the bridal dress, but I remembered that I am on a mission to use what I already have this year. So I just used plain white cardstock and embossed it with my cuttlebug with a swirl pattern and a daisy pattern. Then I added some pearls and prima flowers for the finishing touch.

3 comments:

Beth Varan said...

I LOVE this one! I'm sending it to a friend right away!

Sara said...

So cute and clever!!

cr8iveme said...

love your cards.

thanks for sharing the link.

{hugs}
Mary